Terms and Conditions
The Ace The Exam website is designed to aid doctors preparing for their Generic Surgical Sciences
exam (GSSE). Information on the Ace The Exam website is not designed to make diagnosis or to
prescribe treatment, and does not substitute professional clinical consultation.
The content of the Ace The Exam website has been reviewed by qualified surgeons who practice medicine within New Zealand and the UK, and whilst every effort has been made to ensure factual accuracy, Ace The Exam accept no responsibility for any inaccuracies or variations dependent upon location. Ace The Exam in no circumstances shall be liable, directly or indirectly, for any damages that occur as the result of using the information on the Ace The Exam website.
If you discover anything on the site which requires editing or updating, we would be very grateful if you contact us through the website.
This Website is brought to you by Ace The Exam LTD or “we” or “us”) and all rights, including copyright, in the content of the Website is owned or controlled by Ace The Exam LTD (excluding content accessed via creative commons license).
Ace The Exam LTD and its affiliates provide access to the Website and sells its products to you subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use set out on this page and the Terms and Conditions of Sale which follow.
If you have any comments or queries relating to this Website, please use our Contact Us pages.
1. What do I agree to by entering the Website?
You are invited to use the Website on the basis of the Terms and Conditions of Use set out below.
By entering the Website and using its Features (as defined below) you are deemed to have read and accepted these Terms and Conditions of Use. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions of Use or any part of them, you should not enter or use the Website. Ace The Exam LTD may modify or update these Terms and Conditions of Use from time to time. If you continue to use this Website after any changes, this means you agree to be bound by the modified Terms and Conditions of Use.
2. The Features
The Website may offer the following features to you: purchase of products, competitions, prize draws, newsletters, video clips and sound files (the “Features”).
3. Conditions of Using Features on the Website
You agree to use the Features on the Website in good faith and in the spirit in which they are made available to you. In particular you agree:
not to send or resend any content which is obscene or vulgar, offensive, abusive, harmful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, discriminatory, in breach of confidence, in breach of or invasive of another’s privacy, racially or ethically or religiously insulting or otherwise unlawful;
not to use Features on the Website for any purpose which would be considered a criminal offence, or give rise to civil liability or which is or may be damaging to the rights or interests of any user or other third party in any country in the world;
not to post or transmit material on the Website which is technically harmful (e.g. computer viruses, corrupted data, Trojans, worms or any other harmful software or data);
if you or any other party has any issues or concerns with the content of any communications generated via the Website, please contact the Website moderator as soon as possible; and
that all Features will be used entirely at your own risk and Ace The Exam LTD accepts no responsibility for any losses or consequences suffered by you or a third party as a result of your use of the Website.
If Ace The Exam LTD is informed or has any reason to believe that any of the Features on our Website are being used by a user other than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use, Ace The Exam LTD reserves the right to suspend or permanently prevent access by the user to the Features and shall have no liability to the user whatsoever in such event.
4. Sending Us Information
By submitting your Material to this site, you also warrant that:
you have the right to make it available to Ace The Exam LTD;
the Material is not defamatory; and
the Material does not infringe any law or rights or interests of any third party in any country of the world, in particular that the Material does not , plagiarise, or infringe on the rights of third parties including copyright, trade mark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, or proprietary rights.
You agree to indemnify Ace The Exam LTD against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by Ace The Exam LTD as a result of your breach of the above warranty. You also agree to waive any moral rights in the Material for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Website and the other purposes specified above.
This means that all stories, comments, suggestions, ideas, graphics or other information sent to us can be used by us as we see fit. This includes using it for promotional, marketing or any other commercial purpose, whether in advertising, or in developing, manufacturing or marketing products. Under no circumstances are you entitled to any payment if we do use your Material for any purpose. So remember, don’t send us your Material if you don’t want us to use it or the world to know about it.
5. Access to the Website
6. Licence for Website Access
Ace The Exam LTD grants you a limited licence to access and make personal non-commercial use of this
Website. The licence does not allow you to download, extract, re-utilise (other than page caching)
reverse engineer, duplicate, publish, disseminate, display, perform, transfer, or otherwise
distribute or modify it, or any portion of it, except with express written consent of Ace The Exam
LTD. This licence expressly prohibits:
¥ any resale or commercial use of this Website or its contents;
¥ any derivative use of this Website or its contents;
¥ any use of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools.
This Website or any portion of this Website may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without Ace The Exam LTD’s express written consent.
As customers are in receipt of the full product upon purchase refunds are only processed should customers be unable to access the website.
You may not frame or use similar techniques to enclose any trade mark, logo, or other proprietary
information (including images, text, page layout, or form) of Ace The Exam LTD and its affiliates.
You may not use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilising Ace The Exam LTD or its
affiliates’ names or trade marks. Any unauthorised use terminates the permission or licence granted
by Ace The Exam LTD.
You may not use any logo or trade mark which is featured on the Website or other proprietary graphic or trade mark as part of the link without our express written consent.
You may not use this Website, or any of the material appearing on the Website from time to time to further any commercial purpose, including (but not limited to) selling on of any products purchased from the Website to eBay or any other auction site advertising or to promote or encourage traffic to any other website.
Any use of the Website or extracts of the Website other than in accordance with this clause 6 is strictly prohibited.
7. Links To and From Other WebsitesThe Website may contain links to third party websites and, likewise, third party websites may contain links to the Website. Ace The Exam LTD is not responsible for the availability of, or any content or material contained in, or obtained through, any such third party websites, nor does Ace The Exam LTD recommend, endorse or accept responsibility for the content of any third party websites. If you decide to access any third party website linked to the Website, you do so entirely at your own risk. Any questions or comments relating to third party websites should be addressed directly to the operator of those third party websites.
You may not include a link to this Website or display any of its contents, in any format, in any other website without Ace The Exam LTD’s written consent. Such consent, if given, may be withdrawn, without notice, at any time and in this event you must remove the relevant link and/or content within 24 hours.
9. Website ContentAce The Exam LTD makes every effort to ensure that the content of the Website is accurate and up-to-date, but Ace The Exam LTD does not offer any warranties (whether express, implied or otherwise) as to the reliability, accuracy or completeness of the information appearing on the Website.
Ace The Exam LTD may remove material or Features from the Website at its own discretion, at any time and without notice. The material in the Website may be out of date and Ace The Exam LTD makes no commitment to update such material.
10. Intellectual Property RightsAll content and compilation of such content together with all software included on the Website, including without limitation text, graphics, logos, button icons, images and software, is the property of Ace The Exam LTD or its subsidiaries, its affiliates or its content suppliers and is protected by New Zealand, Australian and International laws. You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, rights in data, databases, trade marks, names, images, logos and other intellectual property rights in the Website content, software and all HTML and other code involved in this Website (“Intellectual Property Rights”) shall remain at all times vested in Ace The Exam LTD and that these are protected by copyright and other laws and international treaty provisions.
You may not create and/or publish your own database, which features substantial parts of this Website.
You may not, other than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of Use, modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, redistribute, transfer, or sell in whole or in part, the Website or any of the Intellectual Property Rights relating thereto, without first obtaining written permission from Ace The Exam LTD to do so.
Nothing contained in this Website shall be construed as conferring by implication or otherwise any licence or right to use any of the Intellectual Property Rights displayed or subsisting on or in this Website other than in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
11. Course and Question Bank Intellectual Property RightsUpon purchase of our question bank access you enter into an agreement that the information, skills, techniques and content may not be reproduced.
By purchasing question bank access you may not create similar materials for commercial purposes without express permission and acknowledgement of Ace The Exam.
12. Limitation of LiabilityThe Internet is by its nature an unreliable medium. Consequently, you accept that this Website is offered on an “as is” and “as available” basis. While Ace The Exam LTD takes all reasonable steps to ensure that the Website is properly functioning at all times, Ace The Exam LTD does not warrant that this Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Website or the server that makes it available are free of software viruses or bugs or other defects.
Ace The Exam LTD has no control over, and disclaims all responsibility for, any content you encounter, or events which may occur as a result of your use of the Features and Ace The Exam LTD shall not be liable for any damages or other losses of any type whatsoever incurred by you as a result of your use of the Website or the Features. Ace The Exam LTD shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage you suffer as a result of visiting this Website or making use of the Features or information available on the Website. You must take your own precautions (including, but not limited to, installing adequate protective measures to guard against software viruses and ensuring that you retain up-to-date copies of all data) to protect yourself against loss or damage.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Use shall exclude or limit Ace The Exam LTD’ liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or fraud or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
13. Whole Agreement and Governing LawYour use of the Website, any purchase by you on the Website of any products and these Terms and Conditions of Use will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Australia and New Zealand and will be deemed to have occurred in New Zealand.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions of Use and using the Website, you accept that any dispute under these Terms and Conditions of Use or arising out of use of the Website shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts except that, to the extent you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate Ace The Exam LTD intellectual property rights, Ace The Exam LTD may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any court in any country in the world, and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction of such courts. By using this Website you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of such courts for such purposes and waive any and all objections to jurisdiction or venue in such courts.
If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Use are deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining conditions.